IBC Expo 2018, Amsterdam, August 20th, 2018: Forsway, a leading global specialist of innovative solutions for combining satellite with existing terrestrial technologies to provide broadband to underserved regions, today announced its features for IBC 2018, September 15th-18th, RAI Convention Center. The technology provider will highlight its innovative solutions for launching highly affordable broadband internet services in regions lacking reliable internet access, including the Odin F-50 hybrid satellite router and Freya F-55 hybrid terminal with the functionality of a modern TV/PVR receiver.
– Unique Forsway hybrid connectivity provides highly cost-efficient broadband to connect challenging markets still lacking reliable access ‘
The Forsway team will be available throughout IBC. Forsway invites to pre-book a meeting via Anders Brandter, Global Sales & Marketing, email@example.com.
- IBC Expo 2018:The innovative Forsway Odin F-50 hybrid satellite router will be on display on partner stand: Broadpeak stand, #5.B78
Forsway’s unique technology combines mobile networks with satellite to provide cost-efficient broadband, with a core focus on serving areas with insufficient infrastructure or capacity. The Forsway solutions taps existing infrastructure (mobile networks, satellite TV dishes) to provide or enhance connectivity, enabling broadband services for the large numbers of households globally still with insufficient internet access.
-Tobias Forsell, Managing Director at Forsway,”Billions of potential users still cannot access internet services due to infrastructure deficiencies – mainly in emerging markets but also including areas in highly developed markets. A new generation of content-hungry consumers will help drive growth in these difficult to reach regions. Our mission is to bridge the divide and bring services to these underserved markets.
-”Thus, new low-cost broadband solutions are needed. In response, Forsway has developed innovative technology that uses considerably less satellite capacity than VSAT, reducing total cost of ownership for operators by tapping the benefits of internet over satellite and robust, very easy to deploy solutions.”
Odin F-50 hybrid satellite router:
- A high-performance, one-way satellite router eliminates need to deploy additional infrastructure – furnishes significant operator cost savings and delivery of highly cost-efficient broadband
- Provides rapid deployment of robust, satellite-based internet services to regions grappling with insufficient infrastructure or capacity
- Furnishes competitive alternative to VSAT and eliminates for satellite communications license
Freya F-55 hybrid terminal for TV operators:
- Taps and combines Odin features with the functionality of a modern TV/PVR receiver. Enables TV operators to easily integrate internet-based services – all with one end-user client device
- Combination of IP over satellite and HDMI output also enables the latest offerings such as multicast content displayed directly on a TV and push VOD (Video On-Demand) content
Pre-book at meeting with Forsway at IBC Expo to learn about the latest Forsway innovations and partnership opportunities.
Download Forsway 5G Whitepaper:
Forsway describes the highly unique hybrid satellite/DVB-T2 – cellular/xDSL solution combining the ubiquitous downlink coverage of satellite/DVB-T2 and low-cost uplink of terrestrial technology to provide broadband to all: http://www.forsway.com/Userfiles/Bild/News/5G_WP.pdf
About Forsway Scandinavia AB
Forsway provides innovative solutions for combining satellite with existing terrestrial technologies – enabling broadband services for the large demographics of users in emerging markets lacking reliable internet access. Forsway’s unique technology eliminates the need to deploy additional network infrastructure, creating significant time and cost savings for operators and service providers.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.