Modulates and encapsulates
EMS modulators and encapsulators provide efficient transmission of satellite data. The Forsway _Xtend_Saga EMS takes care of adapting the IP data provided by the Forsway Mímir Gateway for transmission over satellite, and is a key component of the Forsway Xtend Hub. The system currently supports DVB-S2/ACM with MPE encapsulation. The hardware provided by the EMS support all these features already.
(Click image to enlarge)
- Multiprotocol Encapsulation (MPE).
- EBIS support - Generate the MPE MAC address using two fixed octets and the IP address.
- OpenTMP protocol for ACM messages.
- Maximum throughput performance - 247 Mbit/s
- Supported standards: DVB-S2 (prepared for DVB-S2X)
- Output frequency: 32-2186 MHz
- Bandwidth: Up to 72 MHz
- Symbol Rate: 0.088 - 68.5 MSym/s
- Constellations: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK
- Coding: 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, 2/5, 3/4, 3/5, 4/5, 5/6, 6/7, 7/8, 8/9, 9/10
- FEC-frame: Normal/Short
- Pilots: On/Off
- Roll-off: 20%-35%
- Output Level: -60 - 0 dBm
- Output Connector: SMA 50 ohm